If you have a smile that appears crooked or contains any teeth that are out of alignment, it can throw off your entire smile and lead to a failure to your oral health. Not only can crooked teeth make you less likely to smile, they tend to be much harder to clean. Furthermore, crooked teeth are more likely to suffer from oral ailments including tooth decay. If you need orthodontic treatments due to crooked teeth, consider the following information about orthodontic braces and why they are needed:
– Braces can help split, fractured, cracked, or damaged teeth to function properly once more.
– Eating and speaking skills can be restored or improved with straighter teeth.
– Straighter teeth have been shown to be much more efficient in preventing tooth decay and gum disease because they are easier to clean and less likely to harbor plaque in hard to reach places.
– Numerous misalignments with your teeth could be the result of malocclusions, also known as bad bites. Bad bites can affect your smile in a variety of ways, including disrupting the joints within your jaw. – Temporomandibular joint disorders, also known as TMDs, can be caused by misalignments that wear down the jaw over time.
– If your teeth are out of place, they may be rubbing against each other more easily due to bruxism and thus are more predisposed to tooth enamel loss or damage. Braces can straighten teeth and reduce or eliminate the effects of bruxism or other forms of tooth wear that may occur.
– Braces can enhance your self-esteem and self-image by giving you a smile you can show off and cherish for a lifetime of happiness.
If you are interested in treatment for bad bites or misalignments, we are here to assist you. For a complete diagnosis and treatment, please contact Montoya Orthodontics to book an appointment with Dr. Robert Montoya and our team at our orthodontic office in Keller, Texas. Call us at 817-427-2237. Every day is another chance to improve your oral health.