If you have braces, are you keeping your teeth clean? When applying your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be difficult with braces, it may be in your best interest to add an additional level of treatment such as mouthwash. In addition, abide by these important tips to keep your braces clean and strong:
– Always attend any checkups that you have with your orthodontist.
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily stuck in between your braces and teeth, including chewy gummies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Always take the time to clean your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and corruption.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the shattered end with a piece of wax and call your orthodontist immediately.
– Even with braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once per day.
– Always wear safety equipment when playing contact sports or other high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is necessary to protect your mouth.
For more advice and help from our team at Montoya Orthodontics, come in for a visit. If you would like an orthodontic exam from Dr. Robert Montoya, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our office in Keller, Texas. We can be reached at 817-427-2237. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!