Can malocclusions ruin your smile? Malocclusions, also commonly referred to as “bad bites”, refer to misalignments and location abnormalities with your teeth and jaws. Malocclusions can be caused by a wide array of factors, many of which are out of your control. For all the various types and styles of common bad bites that may be altering your smile, see the list below:
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, arise when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Open Bites arise when you have disconnected upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Misplaces midlines arise when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Rotation malocclusions arise when your teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Spacing malocclusions arise with overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Crossbites arise when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, arise when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
– Transposition malocclusions arise when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a straighter smile with orthodontic aligners, set an appointment with Montoya Orthodontics at our orthodontic office in Keller, Texas. We can easily be reached at 817-427-2237. Dr. Robert Montoya and the rest of our team look forward to taking your smile into the future with an aligned smile!